Tuition and Fees Payment
The College accepts payment in many forms.
- Cash – Pay in person at the Office of Fiscal Services, 198 McAllister Street, Room 111. Be sure to get a receipt for your payment.
DO NOT MAIL CASH - THE COLLEGE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CASH SENT BY MAIL.
- Personal Check or Certified Funds – Make checks payable to "UC Hastings College of the Law". Include your name, current address and your Hastings ID number on the face of the check. You may drop off the check at the Office of Fiscal Services, 198 McAllister Street, room 111 or mail the check to the UC Hastings College Of The Law Lockbox, Dept 34063, P O Box 39000, San Francisco, CA 94139-0001. "Bad" checks are subject to a $25.00 returned check fee and a $150.00 late fee penalty if returned after Monday, August 19, 2013
NOTE: THE COLLEGE DOES NOT ACCEPT POST-DATED CHECKS. THE COLLEGE WILL RETURN POST-DATED CHECKS TO THE MAKER.
- Wire Payments - Contact the Office of Fiscal Services to arrange for payment by wire (electronic transfer of funds). There is a fee of $8 per wire payment.
- Financial Aid - Students may use financial aid to pay fees and tuition.
- Electronic Transfer of Financial Aid (EFT) - Students may elect to have their financial aid proceeds electronically transferred by the lender to the College. Financial aid proceeds will be applied to the tuition and fee account and, if applicable, McAllister Tower rent account. Any financial aid proceeds remaining is refunded to the student. Students can authorize EFT at the Financial Aid Office. Students are encouraged to authorize EFT to expedite the payment of their tuition and fees and the receipt of any refund.
- Paper Checks - Students who receive a check from the lender may endorse the check over to the College to pay their tuition and fees. The financial aid proceeds will be applied to the tuition and fee account and, if applicable, McAllister Tower rent account, and any financial aid proceeds remaining will be refunded to the student.