To request services:
Guidelines for Journal symposia and events:
- Contact all speakers well in advance of the symposium date to ask them whether they will require audio-visual equipment.
- Assign a contact from your group who will act as the liaison with Media Services and who will be available to be trained on and run the audio-visual equipment (if necessary, see below).
- Both of the main event rooms, the LBML and ARC, have installed projector systems equipped with a DVD/VCR (but no computer);both require some set-up and training. The public address systems (microphones)and video recording equipment in these rooms must be set up by Media Services.
- Equipment in classrooms - Many of the rooms have permanently installed, self-service equipment. For details on a particular room go to the SERVICES & EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE page. If you need help or instruction on the use of the equipment, please feel free to call us.
- In the rooms with installed desktop computers, the speaker should either bring the presentation on portable media (USB flash drive, CD-rom, or DVD-ram) or email the presentation to their web-based email account so it can be accessed via a web browser. Contact Media Services for training on the equipment in these rooms.
- In rooms where there is no installed computer, Media Services does not provide laptop computers for presentations. The Journal group or the speaker must provide a laptop that will be connected to the projector. We recommend you use one laptop for multiple speakers and switch between presentations, instead of switching computers.
Media Services does not check out equipment or provide support at off-campus locations. Contact the management at the facility where the event is occurring to inquire about their audio-visual support. If you need assistance when talking to AV personnel from other facilities, feel free to contact us.