For take-home exams UC Hastings uses Westlaw’s TWEN site, which allows students to download the take-home exam question and upload their answer during a specified period.
Please be aware: TWEN is just a server with a time stamp. You download and print the question from the “Final Exam” link on the TWEN site, write your answer in any word processing program you like, typing your exam number on every page, then save your answer as a word file before uploading your answer to the TWEN site.
SPRING 2014 TAKE-HOME EXAMS
The following take-home exams will be available on the TWEN website during the exam period specified by your professor. General rules: 1L take-home exams must conform to the 1L exam schedule. Upper level take-home exams are due no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 7.
Shortly before the exam period, more information about due dates and exam time limits will be added to the TWEN page for your actual exam. If your professor approves, the specific instructions for the exam will be added to the “instructions” link for that exam.
- 1st Yr: Legislation, Statutory - Short
- Adv. Legal Research - Spath
- Adv. Negotiation: Art of the Deal - Meek
- Arbitration - Freshman
- Biodiversity Law - Takacs
- Constitutional Law I - Faigman
- Constitutional Law I - Short
- Digital Media Seminar - Mak
- Energy Law - Lindh
- Global Health Law And Policy - Dunn
- Health Law II:Bioethics - Davidson
- Health Law II:Priv Hlthcare Fin - Helm
- Health Law II:Pub Hlth Care Fin - Blum
- Health Law II:Structure US Hlth - Schwartz
- International Financial Services - Oda
- Land Use Regulation - Briscoe
- Legal Ethics: Practice of Law - Zitrin
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Wilson
- Property - Williams
- Real Estate Law - Segre
- Refugee Law and Policy - Musalo
- Sexuality and the Law - Coles
- Transactional Law Practicum - Cable
- US Tax/Foreign Transactions - Morse
- Wills and Trusts - Moscato
Here’s what students should do to learn about take-home exams on TWEN:
- Take a Practice Take-Home Exam.
- Read the Instructions, which can be found here or on the TWEN practice exam page in the “Navigation” box to the left of the screen. The instructions include information on taking and submitting your exam via TWEN as well as Records Office information.
- Click on the "Final Exam" link to download the exam file. Be sure to follow the TWEN instructions.
- Upload a .doc or .wpd file as a practice answer file.
- You will receive a confirmation email from TWEN with your exam file attached. TIP! You must supply Westlaw with a valid email address to receive this confirmation. You can change your email address from the homepage by clicking on Update.
For problems with your take-home exam, contact the Records Office.
Please do not contact your professor.
For problems during business hours, call us immediately at (415) 565-4613 or or send an email to email@example.com. During the exam period, we are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. The office is staffed until 5:00 p.m. We are located in Room 211, on the second floor of 200 McAllister Street.
For problems outside of business hours, we ask that you stay calm and follow these steps:
- For problems related to illness or computer crashes, contact us immediately via phone or email. We will reply to you the next business day.
- For problems uploading your exam file to the TWEN site, email your exam file to firstname.lastname@example.org from your uchastings.edu email account. Describe your problem in the body of the email. Use this option ONLY if you are having problems uploading the exam file on the TWEN site.
General Take-Home Rules
Remember the Student Conduct Code
- Submit your own work
- Collaborating with someone is cheating
- Plagiarism is punished
We will notify the professor if your exam is submitted more than a few minutes outside the time limit unless you have documented extenuating circumstances to the Records Office.