*** Study Rooms cannot be used for Take Home Exams ***
Study Room Reservation Process:
Signup for study rooms starts Tuesday, 11/19/13 for use of rooms beginning Wednesday, 11/20/13 and throughout the exam period. A Google Doc has been created for room reservations.
(A minimum of 3 students is required to reserve a study room)
To reserve a study room, please visit http://goo.gl/14FLOY (or use the link sent to all students via email), then complete the following steps:
- Select a date using the sheet tabs near the bottom of the shared Google Doc.
- Select an available timeslot and room.
- In the appropriate space, enter your first and last name as well as your UC Hastings email address – for example: “Jane Doe (doejane)” (assuming Jane’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org). Please remember that, although only one person’s name and email address is required to reserve a study room, that one person must be reserving the space on behalf of at least three students.
- Exit out of the Google Doc by closing the bowser tab to avoid unintended deletions.
If you do not currently have a Google account, you will need to create one. If you prefer not to register a new Gmail address, you can use your current email address by selecting “I prefer to use my current email address” instead of entering a new Google account name.
The efficacy of this registration process depends on the integrity of all members of our community.
CHANGING OR DELETING STUDY ROOM SPREADSHEETS OR ANOTHER STUDENT'S NAME FROM THE GOOGLE DOC WITHOUT THAT OTHER STUDENT'S EXPLICIT WRITTEN CONSENT IS A VIOLATION OF THE STUDENT CONDUCT CODE. ANY STUDENT TAKING SUCH ACTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINE.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about the spreadsheet.
Students may wish to keep a time-stamped screen shot of the Google Doc for their records.
Study Room Rules:
- Room time slots are pre-determined 2-hour time blocks coordinated with building hours – for example: 8am-10am, 10am-12pm, etc. (Please refer to Law Library Hours for regular building hours & hours during the holiday break.)
- Each study group of 3 or more may reserve study space for a maximum of 4 hour blocks.
- SIC reserves the right to limit the study time depending on demands of study space. You will receive an email if SIC must cancel or change your reservation for any reason.
- Specific room rules are as follows:
- Individuals or groups of two in a room, even with a valid reservation, should allow others shared access to the room as room reservations are intended for groups of 3 or more. All students will have access to the library open areas for individual study.
- If you decide not to use a room you have reserved, please remove your name from the signup document to allow others to identify available rooms.
- Abuse of the online study room signups could result in loss of future reservation privileges.
- Neither smoking nor alcohol consumption is permitted in any study room.
- Study rooms that can be reserved as articulated herein are limited to the Library Rooms on the 4th, 5th, and 6th floors and 198 McAllister Seminar Rooms 201, 205, 218, and 219.
- Rooms 304, 312, 314, 307A, 307B, 307C, and all Gold Reading Rooms will be open on a first come, first served basis beginning at 7pm each day and all day on Sundays. (If these rooms become free before 7pm, signs will be posted in the 198 elevators and on the seminar room doors.)
- To see which large classrooms are available to study in today, please check the Ad Astra Daily Calendar.
Note: Library Room 412 is reserved for Dog Therapy. Please visit the Dog Therapy website to get detailed information.
*** All rules are subject to change by the SIC Office at any time. Current rules will be posted outside the SIC Office and online. ***