UC Hastings stands at the forefront. With the legal services and higher education marketplaces facing change and challenge, your school has done more than any other institution to adapt, lead, and serve as a model.
The UC Hastings Strategic Plan, released in August of 2011, has been lauded for its vision by the bench and the bar, the media, students, and our peer institutions throughout the nation. Our success in implementing this plan has been based largely on the tremendous sense of community that brings together faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
Everything we’ve accomplished so far has been supported by the generosity of this community. Your continued contributions are critical to our ongoing success.
11 Ways You Can Support UC Hastings
- Hire Hastings. The UC Hastings Office of Career & Professional Development is pleased to offer a variety of recruiting services to help employers fill their hiring needs. Learn more about our Employer Services.
- Make a gift. Gifts make a critical difference and enhance the quality of the experience for today’s students. They make possible much needed scholarship funds, help attract world-renowned faculty, encourage scholarly research and writing, support student services, and provide opportunities for a variety of clinical and other out of the classroom experiences. Make your gift. We are available to discuss your gift with you, if you wish. Please contact us.
- Plan a gift. It is never too early to begin planning for your legacy. Please contact us directly or use our request for information form. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Participate in your Class Reunion, Class Giving Campaigns, and the UC Hastings Challenge. We’re always looking for volunteers to help reach out to classmates. Please contact Robin Drysdale at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (415) 565-4852.
- Volunteer. Alumni sponsor and promote a wide variety of events and outreach activities to strengthen ties between UC Hastings students, alumni and the school. Please contact Shino Nomiya, Assistant Dean, Institutional Advancement, at email@example.com or by phone: (415) 565-4616.
- Serve as an ambassador. The Office of Admissions encourages alumni to serve as welcome ambassadors by reaching out to newly admitted students. JD alumni please contact Greg Canada, Assistant Dean of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (415) 565-4885. LLM & MSL alumni please contact June Sakamoto, Assistant Dean of the Graduate Division, at email@example.com or by phone (415) 703-8291.
- Become an Alumni Mentor. Students are eager to learn about "life after law school" from those who have "been there, done that!" Learn more about becoming a mentor.
- Support our Teams. The Moot Court and Negotiation & Mediation teams are always on the lookout for coaches, judges, speakers and sponsors.
- Share your News. To paraphrase the classic 1980’s Vidal Sassoon commercial, “When you look good, we look good.” Help us celebrate your milestones and brag about your successes by submitting a class note.
- Share our News. Help us educate others about the value of a UC Hastings education. Public leaders and policymakers also need to hear from you about the importance of supporting public higher education to the American Dream.
- Join the conversation on social media. UC Hastings is on Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and RebelMouse. Send your tips and tweets to @uchastingslaw, post ideas to our Facebook page, and hashtag #uchastings on Instagram. In addition, I personally invite you to connect with me on Twitter (@frankhwu) and Linked-In. Please also feel free to send me feedback on the blogging I have been undertaking for the Huffington Post, Above the Law, and Linked-In.
-Frank H. Wu
Frank H. Wu
Chancellor & Dean