Fourteen alumni were named as Lawyers of the Year by Best Lawyers Magazine.
The annual peer-reviewed list is based on whom practitioners would most likely refer work to, if they were unable to take a matter.
This year's Lawyers of the Year are:
- ADR: Bruce Edwards '81, founding partner of JAMS.
- Construction Law: Deborah Ballati '75, partner with Farella Braun + Martel, and John Heisse '80, partner with Pillsbury.
- Criminal Defense (non white-collar): William Osterhoudt '68, of Ousterhoudt Law.
- Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law: Gary Alan Livaich '78 of Desmond, Nolan, Livaich & Cunningham.
- Family Law Mediation: Richard Berra '71 of Berra Stross & Wallacker.
- Labor & Employment: Kathryn Dickson '76 of Dickson Geesman.
- Personal Injury Litigation: Steven Gurnee '75 of Gurnee Mason & Forestiere.
- Product Liability Litigation: Michael Healy '80, partner with Sedgwick Law.
- Real Estate: Joseph Genshlea '64 of Genshlea Law and Mediation, and Susan Harriman '83, a partner with Keker & Van Nest.
- Tax: Kenneth Ruthenberg '74 of Chang Ruthenberg & Long.
- Trusts & Estates: Philip Feldman '83, a partner with Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass.
- Workers Compensation: Mark Gearheart '80 of Gearheart & Otis.
Chancellor & Dean Frank H. Wu congratulated those honored. "It is gratifying for both the college and our alumni to see our colleagues honored in this way. Northern California in particular is home to some very successful practitioners and a very strong network of alumni."
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Read more here.