Faculty activities from August 2019.
- Luke A. Boso, “Rural Resentment and LGBTQ Equality,” 71 Florida Law Review 919 (2019)
- Ben Depoorter, editor, Research Handbook on the Economics of Intellectual Property (Edward Elgar 2019) (with Peter Menell)
- Ben Depoorter, Copyright Law (2019)
- Ben Depoorter, The Property Multivitamin (2019) (with Seven Balogh)
- Ben Depoorter, Property Law (2019)
- Heather Field, “A Tax Professor’s Guide to Formative Assessment,” 22 Florida Tax Review 363 (2019)
- Chimène Keitner, “The ICC and Non-Part States: Consistency and Consensus Revisited,” 47 Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law 101 (2019)
- Rory K. Little, Annual Review of the Supreme Court’s Term, Criminal Cases (ABA Aug. 9)
- Hadar Aviram, “Progressive Punitivism,” Buffalo Law Review
- Hadar Aviram, “Bad Role Models,” Journal of Transnational Law
- Hadar Aviram, “Moral Character,” Manitoba Law Journal
- Hadar Aviram, “Are We Still Cheap on Crime?,” Hastings Journal of Crime and Punishment
- Abe Cable, “The Scramble Among Deal Professionals,” Minnesota Law Review Headnotes
- Robin Feldman, “Naked Price & Pharmaceutical Trade Secrets,” Yale Journal of Law & Technology
- Robin Feldman, “The Cancer Curse: Regulatory Failure by Success,” Columbia Science & Technology Review
- Chimène Keitner, “Cybercrime vs. Cyberwar: Paradigms for Addressing Malicious Cyber Activity,” 10 Journal of National Security Law & Policy (with Mieke Eoyang)
- Chimène Keitner, “Sovereign Immunity Revisited,” 113 ASIL Proceedings (2019)
- Chimène Keitner, “Beyond National Jurisdiction: Cyberspace,” 113 ASIL Proceedings (2019)
- Naomi Roht-Arriaza, “Venezuela, Grand Corruption and the International Criminal Court,” International Journal of Criminal Justice
- Lois Weithorn & Dorit Reiss, “Providing Adolescents with Independent and Confidential Access to Childhood Vaccines; A Proposal to Lower the Age of Consent,” Connecticut Law Review
- Lois Weithorn, “Psychological Distress, Mental Disorder, and Assessment of Decisionmaking Capacity Under U.S. Physician Aid in Dying Statutes,” Hastings Law Journal
- Manoj Viswanathan, “The Qualified Small Business Stock Exclusion: How Startup Shareholders Get $10 Million (Or More) Tax-Free,” Columbia Law Review Forum
- Frank Wu, “Who Becomes White? Are Chinese Next?,” Chinese America: History & Perspectives
Significant Blog Posts, Op-Eds, Magazine Columns, and Online Essays
- Hadar Aviram posted a review of Kate Bloch’s new article on the UC Hastings Scholarship Blog.
- Kate Bloch posted a review of Hadar Aviram’s new article on the UC Hastings Scholarship Blog.
- Abe Cable posted a review of Jared Ellias’s new article on the UC Hastings Scholarship Blog.
- Scott Dodson posted a review of Zach Price’s new article on the UC Hastings Scholarship Blog.
- Karen Musalo, “The Trump Administration is Fighting to Indefinitely Detain Migrant Children and Families,” Ms. Magazine (Aug. 27, 2019) (with Brianna Krong)
- Naomi Roht-Arriaza, “Guatemala’s next president has few plans for fixing rampant corruption, crime and injustice,” The Conversation (Aug. 12, 2019)
- Frank Wu, “Teaching the Magic of Law,” Daily Journal (Aug. 12, 2019)
- Frank Wu, “Academic Bigotry is Back, Thanks to Amy Wax,” DiverseEducation (Aug. 9, 2019)
- Frank Wu, “Why Students Study Shakespeare in Law School,” Daily Journal (Aug. 6, 2019)
- Robin Feldman was featured on the Neurology podcast on Aug. 20.
- Naomi Roht-Arriaza presented “Special Processes for the Reassessment and Removal of Judges in the Context of Constitutional Transitions” at a workshop at Oxford University.
- Naomi Roht-Arriaza participated in a panel discussion on “Options for Justice: Latin American Experiences” at a conference on Innovations in Accountability in El Salvador.
- Naomi Roht-Arriaza gave a workshop on litigating human rights cases in domestic courts at the University of El Salvador.
- David Takacs delivered a keynote address at the National Biodiversity Offsets Conference in Australia on Aug. 26.
Compiled by Scott Dodson, Associate Dean for Research, Geoffrey C. Hazard Jr. Distinguished Professor of Law.