UC Hastings students, faculty and staff can now use the Law Library’s contact-free service to borrow circulating books in the library’s collection. To borrow a book:
1. Go to the library’s online catalog and sign in to your library account by clicking on the “Sign in” link at upper right corner of the webpage and selecting “UC Hastings Login.”
2. Search for the book you want to borrow in the library catalog (by title, author, subject, etc.).
3. When you find the book, click on “Request Item” under “How to Get It.”
4. Once a week, library staff will deliver requested books to the Smart Lockers located in the lobby of the 200 McAllister Building.
5. When your requested book is available, you will receive an email from the Smart Locker system with the Locker number and PIN. You will then have 7 days to retrieve the book from the Smart Locker. You must fill out the UC Hastings COVID-19 Self Assessment Form before you may access the 200 Building.
Patrons are limited to 4 items per week. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Materials shelved at the Circulation Desk (print study aids, gadgets) and Course Reserves (casebooks) do not currently circulate and cannot be requested at this time.