CNDR Holds 1st In-Person Mediation Training Since the Pandemic

The UC Law SF Center for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution (CNDR) put its annual summer 40-hour basic mediation training on hold during the pandemic, moving most of its classes and programming online. But, on June 2, 2022, an enthusiastic group of 30 participants joined CNDR for its first Mastering the Fundamentals of Mediation Certificate in person since 2019.

Open to the public, this highly interactive and dynamic training taught by long time CNDR Instructor and Adjunct Jessica Notini, included an extra-large group of judges, attorneys, and practitioners; registration was increased due to high demand.

Held over five full days, the training utilizes a mixture of discussion, skill building exercises, and role plays with individualized coaching feedback. Professor Notini took participants through the stages of mediation, discussed ethics and confidentiality, and explored a variety of critical communication and process management skills.

CNDR was thrilled to welcome back training participants, and hopes to see you at a future training. Find all our public practitioner trainings here.

What participants had to say:

“Fantastic! So happy I chose this program, it blew away my expectations. The role playing was especially valuable to measure progress and enforce the teaching.” – BT 2022

“I loved the small group coaching because having more than one teacher allowed me to learn though different styles.” – MB 2022

“I wish all teachers could learn from Jessica’s accessible and hands-on teaching style, I would have continued my education if I’d come across a teacher like her.” – JJ 2022