Explore options for a career in dispute resolution
The Center for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution (CNDR) is UC Hastings’ home for all things dispute resolution. When looking for a career in the ADR field, it’s important to start finding places you can meet people, get experience, and start using your skills. Many people start by taking basic and advanced mediation trainings, and joining volunteer mediation programs in the local courts or at nonprofits.
See some below for resources related to ADR careers, and please also refer to Hastings’ Career Development Office for more resources.
Types of careers and fields to consider in dispute resolution:
- Private practice mediator/arbitrator/neutral
- ADR case manager/administrator (private or state and federal courts)
- Omsbudsperson (organizational/workplace)
- Facilitator (meetings)
- Conflict coach
- Conflict resolution trainer
- Academics (Professor or educational staff at a university with and ADR program)
- Human resources
- Family law
- Labor management/unions
- Community or nonprofits
- International or diplomacy