Reference by Chat is available during normal Reference Desk Hours. Questions asked in person at the Reference Desk have priority over questions asked through Chat.
The UC Hastings Law Library offers a variety of services and resources tailored to students to assist them with their classwork and research.
- Library Catalog: The UC Hastings Library Catalog is our search engine for finding books and journals in the UC Hastings Law Library, including articles and journals on HeinOnline, ProQuest Central, Jstor, and Academic Search Complete.
- WorldCat: Connects library users to books at UC Hastings and libraries around the world, as well as records of journal articles, e-books, licensed databases, online periodicals and collections of digital items. Connect to WorldCat to make Interlibrary Loan Requests for items not available through the UC Hastings Library Catalog. Log in to ILLiad to check on the status of your Interlibrary Loan Requests.
- Research Guides: Subject- and course-specific research guides prepared by UC Hastings research librarians.
- Research Certificate Program: The Legal Research Certificate Program is designed to provide law students of all ability levels with the research tools necessary for success in internships, externships, summer associate positions, etc. Attend live “lunch and learns” and complete online quizzes to earn a notation of completion on your transcript. Contact a Librarian for more information.
- Non-GPA, for-credit advanced legal research courses are taught each semester, both in person and online. Consult WebAdvisor for details.
- A-Z Databases: List of research databases to which the library subscribes, as well as free research resources available online.
- Exams Database
- Course and Subject Research Guides
- Resources for Academic and Professional Success
- CALI Authorization Code | CALI Registration Page | CALI Lessons
For individualized research assistance, please stop by the Reference Desk or contact the research librarians via chat or email. You can also make an appointment for in-depth research assistance.