Reference by Chat is available during normal Reference Desk Hours. Questions asked in person at the Reference Desk have priority over questions asked through Chat.
The UC Hastings Law Library offers a variety of services and resources tailored to students to assist them with their classwork and research.
- Library Catalog – The Hastings Catalog is our search engine to find books and journals in the Hastings Law Library, including articles and journals on HeinOnline, ProQuest Central, Jstor, and Academic Search Complete.
- Worldcat: Connects library users to books in UC Hastings and libraries around the world, as well as records of journal articles, e-books, licensed databases, online periodicals and collections of digital items. Connect to Worldcat to make Interlibrary Loan Requests for items not available through the UC Hastings Catalog.
- Research Guides: Subject- and course-specific research guides prepared by UC Hastings research librarians.
- Research Certificate Program: The Legal Research Certificate Program is designed to provide law students of all ability levels with the research tools necessary for success in internships, externships, summer associate positions, or for your first position as a newly-minted attorney. Advanced Legal Research Classes are also available, contact a Librarian for more information.
- A-Z Databases: List of research databases to which the library subscribes, as well as free research resources available online.
- Exams Archive
- Course and Subject Research Guides
- Resources for Academic and Professional Success
- CALI authorization Code | CALI Registration Page | CALI lessons
- Study Aids
Research assistance is available during the following hours. Hours subject to change. Check UC Hastings Law Library News for updates. The phone number for the Reference Desk is (415) 565-4751. We give priority to in-person patrons, so during busy periods at the Desk, the Reference Librarian may not be able to answer your phone call.
|Monday – Friday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|