x 3 years
The California Scholars Program is a new outreach program to support a pipeline to enroll and financially support students from the Historically Black Colleges and Universities of Morehouse College, Spelman College, and Hampton University, and the American University in Armenia. The California Scholars Program will cover the full UC Hastings enrollment fee (tuition) and $20,000 in living expenses, per year, for at least 3 awardees from each participating school, for students matriculating in the Fall of 2019. UC Hastings also guarantees its California Scholars on-campus student housing in our subsidized residence hall for all three years of their legal education. The second cohort of the California Scholars Program will be eligible to apply during the 2021-22 admissions cycle, beginning their studies at UC Hastings in the Fall of 2022.
To be eligible for the California Scholars Program, you must:
- Have attended at least 3 semesters and graduated from a California high school (secondary consideration will be given to California residents who did not graduate from a California high school);
- Have completed at least 4 semesters of undergraduate coursework (secondary consideration given to graduate coursework) at Morehouse College, Spelman College, Hampton University, or the American University of Armenia;
- Have above a 3.20 cumulative undergraduate GPA at the time of application as calculated by the Law School Admissions Council’s Credential Assembly Service;
- Have an LSAT score above 154; and
- Submit all application materials to LSAC by February 1, 2019.
If you have questions about applying for the California Scholars Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.