1. Submit the 2020-21 FAFSA to the U.S. Department of Education central processor. You may submit the 2020-21 FAFSA after January 1, 2020 on-line at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. When you complete the FAFSA, be sure to designate UC-Hastings College of the Law in the school section and include our School Code, G03947. You are encouraged to complete your 2019 tax return early so that this information is available when you complete the FAFSA. Nevertheless, if you have not yet completed your 2018 federal tax return, use estimated figures rather than missing the deadline. Update the FAFSA with the correct tax data after you file your federal tax form.
2. Submit supplemental financial information: Entering students: Submit the UC Hastings Financial Aid Supplement form as soon as possible after admission. Continuing UC Hastings students: Submit the UC Hastings Financial Aid Supplement form.
3. Review the Student Aid Report (SAR) After submitting the FAFSA, you should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Carefully review the SAR and submit any corrections to the processing center. If your SAR is selected for verification, we will request that you complete a Verification Worksheet and submit a copy of your federal tax return. If any action on your part is indicated on the SAR, follow the instructions promptly. A delay in resolution of a federal edit will delay the processing of your financial aid. If you would like to check on your FAFSA, call 1.800.433.3243.
4. Review the Award Letter: When your file is complete, we will produce an electronic award letter for you outlining your financial aid package. When you receive this letter, please complete and submit it indicating what types of financial aid you wish to accept. If you find out about any additional resources not reflected on the award letter, you must notify the Financial Aid Office in writing as soon as possible.
5. Apply for Loans: Visit our Loans page you would like to apply for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford, or Federal Graduate PLUS loans.
Note: If you plan to apply for the Federal Graduate PLUS loan make sure you resolve any negative issues relating to your personal credit report, as these are credit-based loans. You may access a free credit report online at AnnualCreditReport.com.
Call the UC Hastings Financial Aid Office at 415.565.4624 if you have any questions.