No standardized test is required and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis starting October 1. The priority deadline for scholarship consideration is April 15. Enrollment is limited to the fall semester, which begins in early August. If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
- A completed MSL Application.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Official undergraduate and/or graduate school transcripts in an official, sealed envelope.
- A personal statement of 700 to 1,500 words explaining your interest in the MSL program. Please ensure that your first and last name appears on each page. The statement should be typed and double spaced.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic or professional background.
- A $75.00 non-refundable application fee made payable to UC Hastings Law. Payment may be made by check or online via credit card.
Official transcripts and recommendation letters should be mailed directly to the applicant in sealed envelopes. These unopened envelopes should then be placed together with the other components of the application.
The applicant is responsible for arranging shipments of letters of recommendation and official transcripts to the following address:MSL Admissions UC Hastings Law 200 McAllister Street San Francisco, CA 94102
Testimonial from Rita, MSL '14
“I value the time I spent in the UC Hastings MSL program. I wanted to learn more about law to help my research and work as a Professor of Philosophy and prelaw advisor. I published two articles and two book chapters based on what I learned in the many seminars I took, and I updated and expanded several of my courses. This course list was extensive, which makes the program especially valuable for academics.”