UC Hastings Law is following guidance provided by local, state, and federal health officials while working in close collaboration with the emergency management teams of the University of California Office of the President and UC campuses to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and to identify effective responses.
To date, we have no confirmed cases of COVID-19 among students, faculty, or staff.
Our top priority remains to protect the safety of all community members. At the same time, we are committed to instructional continuity—completing the semester, exam administration, and graduation.
Effective Monday, March 16, the College has moved academic and administrative operations of the campus to a substantially virtual environment with the exception of our residential building, 100 McAllister (the Tower), which remains fully operational for student residents and with essential support personnel.
These are among the key provisions:
- All courses are being offered via virtual platforms.
- Our buildings at 200 McAllister, 198 McAllister, and 333 Golden Gate are closed to everyone except people whose onsite presence is critical to the school’s operations. These people have been notified. Others who believe they have an urgent need to visit campus may request an exemption, but approvals are granted only under extraordinary circumstances.
- The Tower at 100 McAllister, with student apartments, will remain open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for residents and essential support personnel. Per a March 16 San Francisco public health order, Tower residents should stay inside except for engaging in absolutely essential activities.
- No one is permitted entry to the campus who has returned during the previous 14 days from any country with a CDC travel alert, has any symptoms associated with COVID-19, or has interacted with a person who has—or is believed to have—COVID-19.
- Nonessential business travel—domestic and international—is restricted until further notice.
- UC Hastings leaders are updating the internal community frequently, via all-inclusive and group-specific emails and informational postings on MyHastings. Links to messages issued to the entire community are posted below.
|Type of Coronavirus-Related Question||Point of Contact|
|Pandemic response policies||HR Director Andrew Scott (email@example.com) or Executive Director of Operations Rhiannon Bailard (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Curriculum, classrooms, exams, or faculty illness||Academic Dean Morris Ratner (email@example.com)|
|Individual students or Academic Regulations||Assistant Dean of Students Grace Hum (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Classroom or Distance Education Technology||Associate Dean for the UC Hastings Library and Technology Camilla Tubbs (email@example.com)|
|Media inquiries||Chief Communications Officer Sybil Wyatt (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
UC Hastings Community Updates:
April 28, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
April 18, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
April 14, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
April 13, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
April 6, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
April 2, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
March 17, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
March 16, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
March 13, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
March 11, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
March 8, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
March 6, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
February 28, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
February 13, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
January 28, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
CDC – COVID-19 Website
SFDPH Order of the Health Officer No. C19-07b
Social Distancing COVID-19 Protocol Effective May 6, 2020
Optum COVID-19 Mental health tips during a quarantine
Optum COVID-19 Tips to help children during a quarantine