Welcome to the law school’s master calendar!
- This event has passed.
2019 Digital Media and Video Game Conference
March 18 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join us for the 2019 Digital Media and Video Game Conference, presented by UC Hastings with the Support of the ABA’s Forum on Sports and Entertainment Industries and the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
Marketing, Promotions and NextGen Business Models
- Moderator, Ben Golant, Chief Counsel, IP Policy, The Entertainment Software Association
- Jim Gatto, Partner, SheppardMullin
- Melissa Riahei, Strategic Business Advisor, iGaming, Sports Betting & Lottery
- Patrick O’Brien, Business Development and Corporate Affairs, N3twork
- Douglas Reilly, Vice President, Lucasfilm Games
Gender Bias and Related Issues
- Moderator, Kelly Conway, General Counsel, Linden Labs
- Ada Duan, GM, Business Development, Microsoft Global Gaming Partnerships & Development
- Judith Keyes, Partner, Davis, Wright & Tremaine LLP
- Jaime Dolkas, Director of Women’s Leadership, UC Hastings
Doing Business in China
- Moderator, Rusty Weiss, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Chia-Chi Li, Director of Technology Transactions, Tencent Holdings
- Yan Perng, NCSoft West
- Nicole Simonian, Partner, Bryan, Cave, Leighton & Paisner
- Steve Yu, Partner, Osborne Clarke
- Emi Zhao, Principal Counsel, Riot Games
Keynote: The State of the Entertainment Software Industry
- Stanley Pierre-Louis, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Entertainment Software Association
Brown Bag Breakout Session for Law Students and Young Lawyers
IP Litigation Who’s Who
- Moderator, Bill Coats, Sole Practitioner
- Kelli Sager, Partner, Davis, Wright & Tremaine LLP
- Jennifer Kelly, Partner, Fenwick & West
- Rollin Ransom, Partner, Sidley Austin, LLP
- Neel Chatterjee, Partner, Goodwin Procter, LLP
VR, AR, and ???: Oh My!
- Moderator, David Fink, Partner, Venable
- David Anderman, Former COO/GC, Lucasfilm, Ltd. and former CBO, Jaunt, Inc.
- Eric Baum, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Marine Gallois, Director, Product Counsel, Niantic
- Dave Murphy, Corporate Counsel, Sony Interactive Entertainment
Professional & Amateur Sports, eSports and Video Games
- Moderator, Seth Steinberg, Principal, Digital Arts Law
- Lee Rawles, Vice President, Business Affairs, Electronic Arts Inc.
- Dan Emerson, General Counsel, Take-Two Interactive Software
- Matt McCloskey, VP. Commerce, Twitch Interactive, Inc.
- Erin Harvego, Vice President, Marketing, Big Ten Network
Please RSVP here: https://uchastings.webconnex.com/2019digitalmedia
- Goodwin Procter
- Osborne Clarke
With thanks to our Partners:
The Entertainment and Sports Law Interest Group of the IP Law Section of the California State Bar & The Intellectual Property Law Section of the ABA
MCLE Credit: This program is eligible for 7.50 hours of MCLE credits, of which 1.25 hours qualifies for the “Elimination of Bias” credit.
The UC Hastings Events Calendar offers a comprehensive list of campus events, including co-curricular programming, faculty lectures, colloquia, wellness activities, alumni events, larger departmental meetings, and events sponsored by College departments, faculty, law journals, and registered student orgs. This functions as the College’s master calendar, which includes all events taking place on campus on any particular day. Students, faculty, or staff: Please visit MyHastings for information regarding the new guidelines and procedures for room reservations and publicizing your events.