Welcome to the law school’s master calendar!
- This event has passed.
International Law Career Panel
January 29 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please join the Hastings Human Rights and International Law Organization and the Career Office on Tuesday, January 29th for this year’s International Law Career Panel.
This event is meant to provide students with an idea of what a career in the field of international law or human rights law entails and how to get there. Our panelists work in different areas of international law and different types of organizations, which goes to show how many different paths one might take when pursuing an international law career.
The Panel will be moderated by Professor Keitner, Professor of International Law at Hastings and a leading authority in the field. Our panelists are:
- Professor Kate Jastram, lecturer at UC Berkeley Law School, asylum officer, and previously legal advisor to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva, Switzerland and Washington, D.C.
- Jessica Vapnek, Lecturer in Law and Global Programs Advisor at UC Hastings, and previously Legal Officer with the UN Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome
- Daniel McLaughlin, Senior Staff Attorney at the Center for Justice & Accountability, and previously served as a United Nations Legal Officer before the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia in Phnom Penh and as an International Bar Association Fellow in the Trial and Appeals Chambers of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former-Yugoslavia in The Hague.
- Peter Boaz, Project Officer at Tetra Tech DPK. He previously worked in Ganta, Liberia, as both a Tt DPK Global Law and Development Fellow and a Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist and was a legal fellow with the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Dharamsala, India.
- Alice Armitage, Director of the Startup Legal Garage at UC Hastings, and formerly associate at Arnold & Porter, where she advised on US domestic and international transactional, litigation, and policy tax work.
We look forward to seeing you on January 29th!
The UC Hastings Events Calendar offers a comprehensive list of campus events, including co-curricular programming, faculty lectures, colloquia, wellness activities, alumni events, larger departmental meetings, and events sponsored by College departments, faculty, law journals, and registered student orgs. This functions as the College’s master calendar, which includes all events taking place on campus on any particular day. Students, faculty, or staff: Please visit MyHastings for information regarding the new guidelines and procedures for room reservations and publicizing your events.