The rich benefits package offered by UC Hastings College of the Law is an important part of our overall compensation.
Hastings provides a variety of insurance plans to meet every employee’s needs. Medical plans have reasonable premium co-payments. Our dental and vision coverage is free for both employees and dependents.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Hastings offers two Flexible Spending Accounts to allow tax savings for dependent care and out-of-pocket medical costs.
Planning ahead for a comfortable retirement is easy with our defined benefit plan and our voluntary pre-tax plans.
- University of California Retirement Plan
- UC Retirement Savings Program
- UC Retirement Estimator – How to use the Retirement Calculator
Ensure that loved ones are provided for in the event of your death.
- Employer Paid Plan, Employee Paid Plans for Employees and Dependents
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Disability/Income Protection Plan
Have peace of mind knowing that alternative income is available should you be unable to work due to a disability.
Legal Insurance Plan
Legal services without the high cost of attorney’s fees.
Paid time off to recognize significant events and occasions. Employees receive fifteen paid holidays per year.
Additional miscellaneous benefits.
- Scholar Share College Savings Plan
- Sittercity Program and Bright Horizons
- Employee Assistance Program
- Golden One Credit Union
- Pre-Tax Transportation Program | Commuter Employee FAQ
- Hastings Parking Garage Enrollment Form
- Cal Casualty Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
Note: These benefits are our benefits package in its totality. Other benefits may be available to University of California employees on other campuses. For full UC benefits and retirement information visit https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html