Transcripts are available for a cost of $5 each and can be requested the following ways. Typical transcript request will be processed within 1 to 2 business days. Please make sure you have no holds on your student account.
- Transcripts include all coursework completed at Hastings. Partial transcripts are not available. Also, the Records Office cannot reproduce a transcript issued by another education institution.
- Official transcripts are printed on SCRIP-SAFE secure paper and individually enclosed in sealed envelopes. Unofficial transcripts are not sealed and are printed on regular paper; they can be copied or scanned.
- PDF transcripts are delivered via SCRIP-SAFE International (a FERPA compliant provider). Adobe Reader is need to view transcripts. It is the requestor’s responsibility to determine if the recipient accepts electronic transcripts. More information on sending and receiving transcripts can be found on the SCRIP-SAFE site.
- For those students who need to upload a PDF transcript as part of a job application be sure to save the transcript to your hard drive BEFORE opening it.
Request a Transcript
Current and former students may stop by the Records Office to submit a transcript request. In some circumstances, we can provide immediate turn around on transcript requests. Be sure to bring ID and payment. No cash payments are accepted in the Records Office. Bring a check made payable to “UC Hastings” or stop by the Fiscal Services office at 198 McAllister, Room 111 to pay and obtain a receipt.
Transcript requests may also be submitted via mail by submitting a written request or filling out the Transcript Request Form. Include a check made payable to “UC Hastings” with your request. Fax requests are not accepted.
- Current Students: UC Hastings has partnered with SCRIP-SAFE International to provide a paperless transcript ordering service, Transcripts on Demand. This service can be accessed via WebAdvisor by clicking on the “Order a Transcript” link. Once in Transcripts on Demand, you can order and pay for paper or PDF transcripts. By accessing the site via WebAdvisor, you will not need to print and submit a paper consent form. You’ll also get a discount if ordering multiple transcripts sent to a single destination.
- Former Students: UC Hastings has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. Any major credit card is accepted and will only be charged once your order is completed. A consent form will be produced at the end of your request that must be printed and submitted to the Clearinghouse. Instructions are provided on the site. Technical issues or questions should be directed to the Clearinghouse.