In December 2020, Chancellor and Dean David Faigman launched the UC Hastings Restorative Justice Advisory Board (UCH-RJAB).
The UCH-RJAB is charged with reviewing the Chancellor and Dean’s report of recommendations (approved by the Board of Directors at their September 2020 meeting) and subsequently examine and advise him on steps to implement all the initiatives laid out in the report.
UCH-RJAB consists of UC Hastings alumni, faculty, staff, and students, as well as educators and practitioners with expertise in the areas of tribal law. Below are the current members.
- David Faigman (Chair), Chancellor and Dean, John F. Digardi Distinguished Professor of Law, UC Hastings
- Jenny Kwon, Assistant Chancellor and Dean/Chief of Staff, UC Hastings
- David Seward, Chief Financial Officer, UC Hastings
- Morris Ratner, Provost and Academic Dean, UC Hastings
- John DiPaolo, General Counsel & Secretary to the Board of Directors, UC Hastings
- Gail Silverstein, Associate Dean for Experiential Learning and Clinical Professor of Law
- Jo Carrillo, Professor of Law, Director of the Indigenous Law Center, UC Hastings
- Reuel Schiller, The Honorable Roger J. Traynor Chair and Professor of Law, UC Hastings
- Jessica Vapnek, Associate Dean of the MSL Program, Director of the International Development Law Center, Lecturer-in-Law, UC Hastings
- Virginia Elizondo ‘81, Adjunct Professor of Law, UC Hastings; Deputy City Attorney at Office of the City Attorney, San Francisco
- Elizabeth McGriff ’96, Director of the Legal Education Opportunity Program (LEOP); College Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Advisor, UC Hastings
- Madeline Giles ’23, Member of the Native American Law Students Association
- Sia Hunkin ’23, Member of the Native American Law Students Association
- Jennifer Nakano ’24, Member of the Native American Law Students Association
- Brandon Hupka ‘22, Former President of the Native American Law Students Association, UC Hastings
- Mary Noel Pepys ’78, Board of Directors member, UC Hastings; International Rule of Law Attorney, Pepys International
- Thomas Gede ‘81, Emeritus Board of Director, UC Hastings; Of Counsel, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Jennifer Fung ’18, Board of Trustees member, UC Hastings Foundation
- Robert Sall ‘78, Shareholder, Sall, Spencer, Callas, and Krueger, ALC
- Little Fawn Boland ‘05, Owner, Ceiba Legal
- Curtis Berkey, Partner, Berkey Williams LLP; Counsel for the Round Valley Indian Tribes