Lauren is a proud member of the LGBT+ community, a person of color, & a born and raised San Franciscan. Lauren uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. They earned their J.D. from UC Davis King Hall School of Law (specialization Public Interest Law). Most recently, Lauren worked at the Legal Aid Association of California (LAAC) in Oakland, where they supported the legal safety net through leading the continuing legal education program. Lauren helped attorneys from nearly 100 legal aid nonprofit organizations create community, share best practices, resources, and litigation strategies. Lauren supervised the pro bono program.
Lauren served as the first chair of the LAAC diversity, equity, and inclusion board committee. Prior to joining LAAC, Lauren worked as the Senior Subsidized Housing Advocate and Policy Analyst at community based nonprofit Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco (HRCSF). Lauren founded the subsidized housing clinic at HRCSF, and represented tenants in administrative law hearings.
- law school strategizing and planning
- graduation requirements
- student organizations and leadership
- topics related to community development, including concerns, suggestions, or ideas
- topics related to diversity and inclusion
- general feedback or specific concerns about the academic program
Compass Point of View